Red Sandstone Exterior Cladding NASA Johnson Space Center Building 21, Houston, TX Reminiscent of an Southwestern Desert skyline, Red Sandstone can be found all over the world in desert and dry areas. Colored by Iron oxide, Red Sandstone has a neutral warm red color. Red sandstone makes for great exterior cladding due to […]
Cladding panels by StonePly make it easy to add the cool beauty of granite, marble, onyx, travertine, and practically any other type of natural stone to elevator interiors, building facades, floors, and more.
Panels can be installed using a number of attachment methods. All are relatively straightforward compared to the labor intensive approaches used with heavy stone slabs, which typically involve applying mortar and/or grout.
The Concealed Screw Attachment Method
In the concealed screw attachment method, there are numerous metal plates extending from the backs of the natural stone panels. These plates are long enough to enter the joints, and are affixed to the substrate with No. 8 screws. Backer rod and sealant are then used to conceal any screws in the joint areas. The result is a strong, lightweight, shatter-resistant system that has the appearance of thicker and heavier slab stone.
StonePly: Simplified Installation For Natural Stone Panels of All Sizes
The concealed screw method of installing StonePly panels has a number of practical benefits:
- Requires fairly basic tools and supplies
- Is simplified because of the low weights of StonePly panels
- Can be completed by glaziers, mill workers, stone setters, and other construction and carpentry professionals
- Can be completed in the field at any time of the year and in any weather
Other Installation Methods For StonePly Panels
Tab mounted StonePly may not be the best choice for some applications. Other installation and attachment approaches that are possible with our natural stone cladding panels are:
- The Z clip system
- Use of an adhesive to bond panels directly to the substrate
- Channel installation for translucent natural stone panels
Benefits of StonePly Panels
Aside from making installation relatively simple and fast, StonePly natural stone cladding panels:
- Can be fabricated using practically any type of natural stone in an array of colors and patterns
- Can be enhanced with standard and custom finishes, including polished, honed, and grooved
- Have excellent impact resistance and high flexural strength
- Will not shatter like natural stone slabs
For More StonePly Information
The StonePly website has numerous technical bulletins, CAD details, and specifications explaining the benefits of our cladding systems and how they can help you exceed the expectations of your clients. To make sure all your questions are answered before you make a final decision to work with our team of designers and production professionals, we offer no-charge initial consultations and customized estimates. Get in touch with us any time by calling 903-454-4630 or filling out the form on our contact page.